Date & Time of Notice: December 30, 2021, @ 4:00 p.m.
A public meeting will be held as follows:
DATE: January 3rd, 2022
TIME: 5:50 P.M.
PLACE OF MEETING: Church Point City Hall, 741 South Main, CP, LA
Town of Church Point
Monday, January 3rd, 2021 @ 5:50 pm
Church Point City Hall
Potential adoption of ordinance to sale former city hall building.
Potential adoption of ordinance increasing court fines.
Call to order.
Invocation/Pledge of Allegiance.
- Consider revision of agenda if needed.
- Approval of previous minutes.
- Approval of November 2021 financial reports.
- Public comments/Harold Fonte Le Vieux Presbytere report.
- Comments from districts 1-5 councilmembers.
- Mayoral report/Special guest Cindy Walters
- I. FINANCE
- Approval of LA Compliance Questionnaire
- Review of bids and recommendation for approval of the Sewer System Improvements,
Planning and Construction (Acadia) Project, Facility Planning and Control Project number
50-M45-16-01, contingent on the review and approval of the State of Louisiana FP&C.
- Review of bids and recommendation for approval of the Delahoussaye and St. Jude
Water Line Replacement Project.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Chief Thibodeaux stat report/appointments/removals.
III. PUBLIC WORKS
- Water/Sewer/Street reports
- Engineering report
- Potential zoning variance for 163 Olivier Road.
- Potential adoption of ordinance to sale former city hall building.
- Potential adoption of ordinance increasing court fines.
- Resolution asking state to declare Main Street by Church Point High as not a school zone.
- Introduction of ordinance regulating the height of signs for businesses.
- Introduction of ordinance strengthening state ordinance of no advertising or political sign
placement on town poles or right of way.
- Introduction of ordinance backing dumpsters 25 feet from town-maintained asphalt.
- Resolution asking state to paint cross walk lines on Broussard, Robert, E. Ebey, and Briscoe
streets, or with permission for town to do so.
- Introduction of ordinance setting the mayor’s annual salary.
- MISC/DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Discussion/action on camper issue.